How Professionals Clean Upholstery: The Hot Water Extraction Method
Most professional upholstery cleaning services employ a technique known as hot water extraction. Their machine injects hot water and cleaning solution into the fibers of your upholstery to dislodge particles that have become lodged there. The debris is then sucked up by a powerful vacuum. This method is effective for removing dirt, dust, and other debris from your upholstery. It also helps to sanitize and disinfect the fabric, which is important for preventing the spread of germs and bacteria.
Advantages of Using the Hot Water Extraction Method
When it comes to professional upholstery cleaning, the hot water extraction method is by far the most popular option. And for good reason! This powerful cleaning method can remove even the most stubborn dirt, grime, and stains from upholstered furniture. Not to mention that it is gentle enough to preserve the fabric and keep it looking like new.
Still not convinced? Here are just a few of the numerous advantages of using hot water extraction to clean your upholstery:
1. It works. Hot water extraction is one of the most effective ways to clean upholstery. The high temperatures and strong suction power work together to loosen and remove all types of dirt, grime, and stains from your furniture.
2. It is risk-free. Despite its powerful cleaning capabilities, hot water extraction is actually very gentle on fabrics. When done correctly, it will not damage or fade your upholstery.
It dries quickly. Another great advantage of hot water extraction is that it dries quickly! This means you won't have to wait hours (or even days) for your furniture to dry before using it again.
4. It's adaptable. Hot water extraction can be used on a wide range of fabrics, including delicate materials like silk and wool. It also works well on both light and heavy-duty stains.
Professional Hot Water Extraction Advice
Hot water extraction is the best method for deep cleaning upholstery. Here are some professional hints to ensure a job well done:
- Always begin with a vacuum. This will help remove any surface dirt and debris that could clog the hot water extractor.
- Apply a pre-treatment solution to any heavily soiled areas. This will help to break down any tough stains before the hot water extractor touches them.
- When using the hot water extractor, make sure to go over each area several times. This will ensure that all dirt and grime are removed from the fabric.
- After you've finished extracting, make sure to rinse the area with clean water. This will remove any leftover cleaning solutions and protect the fabric from damage.
The hot water extraction method is one of the most effective ways to clean upholstery and can give your furniture a deep clean that will leave it looking and feeling like new. This method, however, should only be used by professionals because it requires specialized equipment to ensure that no damage is done during the cleaning process. If you find yourself in need of professional upholstery cleaning assistance, make sure to inquire about this specific technique so that you can achieve the best results possible.